After 87 days

After 87 days of being a fashion student,

I have a clearer view and a 'deeper' idea of how the fashion world is behind the runway.


Fashion involves a lot of knowledge about not just drawing, clothes, textiles but everything in life. It might involve nature, science and etc. depending on what YOU like. Fashion is about translating what you like into wearable pieces. Most successful designers out there, knew what they like, hold on to it, explore them and finally create their own style in their brands. Knowing what you like, would eventually lead that particular designer to creating a very personal and one-of-a-kind style of the designer.
Yeap, I like this.

















likelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikeeeeeeeeee


LIKE, like a boss.















Concept, concept and concept. The core of everything (I assume). It's so important that, without it, the designs does not make any senses or meaning. But it is really hard to create designs that are according to the color, silhouette, customer chosen and yet still closely related  to the concept. Everything has to be chosen wisely, and everything has to relate to each other with the concept as the core
Connection/Relation is the key.


I found out what I really love doing more and what I am weak at during the whole course. I love to color and shade things which I feel that I'm good at. Drawing might be hard for me sometimes as I get out of proportion sometimes.... I'm very unfamiliar with brands and designers, which I'm already clear of before I enrolled in DFD. However, I found out that I know more and would be more interested in local Malaysian fashion brands and designers compared to overseas. Yet, I know it's important to know the pioneers in the fashion industry, whether local or not, to know and learn.
And learn what you do not know.


I did grow after these 87 days of non-stop work and learning, haha. It's something really new and I have alot more to learn of. I've chosen this path, and I'll stick to it, till the end of it. Fighting!

Lets all hang on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hackett London - Essential British Kit

What Do Designers Do ?